Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Amazing Love



November is one of my favorite months of the year, because it reminds me to stop and count my blessings. God has really been so good to me that I can't imagine not taking the time to thank Him for all He has done. Unfortunately, I get busy and take the best things in life for granted.

If I listed each thing in life I am thankful for, it could take me hours. So, I will just take the time to talk about one of the best blessings God has ever given me. My husband. Not only is he my spouse, the person I am blessed to share a lifetime with, but he is most importantly my best friend. He is my encourager, my confidant, and the amazing love of my life. He knows everything about me and he loves me just the way I am. But, that is the way true love should be. When some women are looking for every opportunity to be with other people, I am content to be at home with the one I love.

The things some people dislike about him - his perfectionism, his finickiness, and his attention to detail are the very things that attracted me to him! Those are the traits that make him go above and beyond what other men would do on our anniversary, my birthday, and other special occasions. He has NEVER forgotten one of those special dates and he always makes them more memorable than I could ask. He notices every time I wear something different, or try something new and he is quick to compliment every detail about me, which is exactly why I want to please him that much more! He encourages me to better myself and stands behind me when I make a decision. He is definitely my biggest fan and does not hesitate to defend me!

He is the best father I could have ever wanted for my children. He is loving, firm and a great spiritual leader in the home. He displays the perfect example of the Heavenly Father's love by showing our children an equal amount of grace and discipline.

I am so thankful that God chose to bless me with this amazing man of God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just a little prejudice, but I totally agree with you. But I am very blessed to have you for a daughter-in-law and the Mother of my grandchildren. I love you and I am thankful you are so good to my son. Linda

Scott Phillips said...

I am thinking it is time for another BLOG from Dawn.

kerry said...

Sis Shindoll,
I loved reading about your love for your husband...I am divorced mother of 2 beautiful daughters that I have raised without their father...I long someday to have that kind of relationship...They seem to be far and few anymore...It is the way Christian marriages should be...Sis Kerry